yum install vmware-server

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jul 19 12:54:53 UTC 2007

Dario Lesca wrote:
> On f7 "yum install vmware-server" say "nothing to do".
>
> On Ubuntu "apt-get install vmware-server" install and setup all of I
> have need.
>
> It's possible in F7 (or F8) resolve this problem? or I must change
> distro?
>
> Many thanks.

I have tested the on available from the Ubuntu repository and is has a
bug... It will only work if you want to run the management console on
the local server which means you have to have a X installed.. To be able
to run the management console remotely you have to fiddle with the PAM
modules on the server so you can authenticate..

All seemed like hard work so I just used the RPM version from VMware on
CentOS 5 and it was plain sailing..