A new use for Linux

alan alan at clueserver.org
Thu Jul 19 16:01:04 UTC 2007

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007, Aaron Konstam wrote:

> My brother-in-law uses Windows XP and his system crashed making his
> Documents unavailable. He saw how expensive disk recovery could be when
> a local Linux user volunteered to recover the documents for him.
>
> Now here is a whole new use for Linux and there is money in it
> somewhere.

Not that new.  I have used a Ubintu disc and a USB drive to recover
Windows files in the past.  Not that difficult.  Works great.  (There are
also Linux distros for breaking passwords on Windows boxes.)

--
"ANSI C says access to the padding fields of a struct is undefined.
ANSI C also says that struct assignment is a memcpy. Therefore struct