Default application for clicking on a desktop symbol in F7

Keith G. Robertson-Turner fedora-gmane.00004 at genesis-x.nildram.co.uk
Fri Jul 20 03:06:22 UTC 2007

Verily I say unto thee, that David Timms spake thusly:
> Mark Knoop wrote:
>> Joachim Backes wrote:

>>> howto change the default application if I click on files on the
>>> GNOME desktop?
[...]
>> Right-click a pdf and choose 'Open With Other Application...' then
>> choose which program you would like to use.
>
> Does that become permanent default for that type of files ? It
> doesn't seem to on my machine, it just gets added to the list of
> possibilities.

Right-click, "Properties", "Open With".

You should see a list of applications currently registered for that file
type. The one with the checkbox checked is the current default, which
you can change. You can also add new applications from here.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Computer games don’t affect kids, I mean if Pac man affected us as
| kids, we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills
| and listening to repetitive music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo
`----

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) on sky, running kernel 2.6.21-1.3194.fc7
 04:04:03 up 19 days,  2:58,  4 users,  load average: 1.76, 2.04, 2.24