Distro hopping again: freespire

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 08:03:03 UTC 2007

On 19/07/07, Andy Green <andy at warmcat.com> wrote:
> Based on the errors I saw I googled this:
>
> ''...Playing mms://enmms.chinabroadcast.cn/new/lang/ch/daily/haojile.wma.
> STREAM_ASF, URL: mms://enmms.chinabroadcast.cn/new/lang/ch/daily/haojile.wma
> Resolving enmms.chinabroadcast.cn for AF_INET...
> Connecting to server enmms.chinabroadcast.cn[219.142.120.30]: 1755...
> Connected
> read error:: Operation now in progress
> pre-header read failed
> Resolving enmms.chinabroadcast.cn for AF_INET...
>
> > [...] or that you're not granted access to those files.
>
> As far as I can tell, the site is publicly accessible. So
> like Wanderer I suspect the problem may be an issue with the
> server not supporting non-MS players.
> ...''
>
> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2006-January/057664.html
>
> Seems you could maybe try to find someone responsible for configuring
> the media server thing and asking if they reject non-MS clients.  Either
> that or it still rejects to send to outside IPs (I did not check it on
> Windows).
>
> -Andy

I did speak with them, and there is no UA parsing. However, the site
is not available outside the Technion, only internal IPs are served
the streams. The Windows Media videos on this page should be
available, however:
http://video.technion.ac.il/Setup/Tester/test-index.html

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/