Maybe I am missing the whole concept -- re: Bugzilla ??

stan stanl at cox.net
Sat Jul 21 03:14:15 UTC 2007

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 23:07:22 -0400
William Case <billlinux at rogers.com> wrote:

> Hi;
>
> This is not a high ticket item.
>
> Just went to "My Front Page" in Bugzilla for the first time.  I found
> several open Bugs in my name going back to FC5.  Some of the oldest
> ones are so dumb, they are down right embarrassing.
>
> How do I close them out?
>
> (Looked in Help FAQ; not sure if I can change the Status or if that is
> just for asignee)

Coincidentally, this past Wednesday there was a thread about this:

Tim wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Over time, I've made bugzilla reports about one or two things in
> Fedora which have subsequently been fixed.  Though I don't know
> whether that's co-incidental or down to what I reported.  I noticed
> that if I go back and look for the bugzilla reports I see some still
> open.  Are they something the package maintainer should close off, or
> should the reporter go back and cancel no-longer valid bug reports?

The maintainers should close off bug reports. The new update tool
(bodhi) auto closes updates with a note if a particular package update
has been marked as fixing the problem.

If you have reported any bugs which are currently resolved you can
close them off yourself with comments. If they were not reported by you
then you can just add comments and let the maintainers or bug triagers
close it.

Rahul