Maybe I am missing the whole concept -- re: Bugzilla ??

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Sat Jul 21 05:42:25 UTC 2007

stan wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 23:07:22 -0400
> William Case <billlinux at rogers.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi;
>>
>> This is not a high ticket item.
>>
>> Just went to "My Front Page" in Bugzilla for the first time.  I found
>> several open Bugs in my name going back to FC5.  Some of the oldest
>> ones are so dumb, they are down right embarrassing.
>>
>> How do I close them out?
>>
>> (Looked in Help FAQ; not sure if I can change the Status or if that is
>> just for asignee)
>>
> Coincidentally, this past Wednesday there was a thread about this:
>
> Tim wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Over time, I've made bugzilla reports about one or two things in
>> Fedora which have subsequently been fixed.  Though I don't know
>> whether that's co-incidental or down to what I reported.  I noticed
>> that if I go back and look for the bugzilla reports I see some still
>> open.  Are they something the package maintainer should close off, or
>> should the reporter go back and cancel no-longer valid bug reports?

> The maintainers should close off bug reports. The new update tool
> (bodhi) auto closes updates with a note if a particular package update
> has been marked as fixing the problem.
>
> If you have reported any bugs which are currently resolved you can
> close them off yourself with comments. If they were not reported by you
> then you can just add comments and let the maintainers or bug triagers
> close it.
To do this:
- log into bugzilla
- view your bug
- add a new comment stating why you consider the bug fixed, and the
earliest fedora release and package version at which the problem was no
longer present.
- near the bottom in Bug Status Change, select "Resolve bug, changing
resolution to", and then choose the most appropriate item:
- if following your original reproduction steps with your currently
installed system now has the expected result:
   - current release if the package is from release.
   - errata if the package is from updates.
   - next release if you installed a pre-release updates-testing package
that solved it.
   - rawhide if you installed a rawhide = development package.

Hope that makes sense.

DaveT.