yum downloadonly

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jul 21 06:12:19 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-20 at 23:38 -0500, Justin W wrote:
> I didn't feel like modifying a directory yum uses

So long as you don't do it while you're using yum, I've not had a
problem with removing files from the cache.  It'll get them again, if it
needs them.  The database that's kept covers what's installed on your
box, not which install RPMs are cached.

I've even dropped files into its cache, from another PC, to avoid
downloading them again when I was on dialup.  That worked fine, too.

--
[tim at bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.21-1.3228.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.