Claws to Mutt

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Sat Jul 21 16:12:22 UTC 2007

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 15:08:24 +0930
Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-07-20 at 11:10 -0500, Chris wrote:
> > Now, my fetchmail works (but not).
> >
> > I can connect, I can auth to the provider however, it just hangs
> > then times out.
> >
> > I have to auth using my mail address, racerx at makeworld.com to the
> > mail server.
> >
> > I tried pop3, apop and even auto.
> >
> > For some reason, it just won't bring the mail down - any ideas?
>
> You might want to show us an example line, copied from your
> actual .fetchmailrc file, but without the password showing, rather
> than a retyped example.
>
> e.g. poll pop.mail.yahoo.com.au proto pop3 user "ignored_mailbox",
> with password "secretwords", is "tim" here;
>
> I use the glaringly obvious syntax, so it's easy to follow what I've
> set into mine.  I do the same with things like iptables scripts (use
> the long parameters, not the abbreviations - which I never remember).

Thanks Tim -

poll mail.makeworld.com proto pop3 user "user at makeworld.com", with
password "sillymunkietrixr4kidz" keep, is "munkie" here;

[racerx at racerx ~]$ fetchmail
1 message for racerx at makeworld.com at mail.makeworld.com (3549 octets).
reading message
racerx at makeworld.com@MAIL.MAKEWORLD.COM.NETSOLMAIL.NET:1 of 1 (3549
octets)..fetchmail: connection to localhost:smtp [205.178.145.65/25]
failed: Connection timed out. fetchmail: SMTP connect to localhost
failed fetchmail: SMTP transaction error while fetching from
racerx at makeworld.com@mail.makeworld.com and delivering to SMTP host
localhost fetchmail: Query status=10 (SMTP) [racerx at racerx ~]$

--
Best regards,
Chris