2 Subnets on 1 Lan

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 17:07:43 UTC 2007

Thom Paine wrote:
> I think all the devices are turned off for the moment. I've been
> testing things remotely today since I'm working my other job and have
> some time to tinker and I can't seem to communicate with them.
>
> I think I have the vpn working properly and I can ping the server and
> the server can ping my laptop.

If you can ssh to the server you can see if it can reach anything.  If
it can, but you can't from your side, then you have a routing issue.
Can you ping the server's LAN addresses?

By the way, I recommend freenx and the free clients you can download
from http://www.nomachine.com as a nice way to work remotely.  If you
have ssh access you can run it without a vpn.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com