updated kernel panics with dhcp

Joe Smith jes at martnet.com
Sun Jul 22 02:20:49 UTC 2007

Yep, me too.

I finally rebooted just to see if I had any problems from the update,
and sure enough, my system panics when eth0 is started, after printing
"Determining IP information for eth0...".

If I boot with the modem powered off, it's fine, but as soon as I run
"service network start" I get a kernel panic.

I rebooted several times trying different tactics, and I did have one
instance when I got eth0 to come up cleanly, but about four other times
when it paniced, always at the same place.

Sorry--no useful log messages. The final line on the screen was
something like "Fatal Exception in interrupt, not syncing".

<Joe