"No volume control GStreamer plugins and/or devices found"

stan stanl at cox.net
Sun Jul 22 13:31:52 UTC 2007

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 10:25:03 +0100
"Dave Cross" <davorg at gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

> I've tried Googling for this, but I can't find a reference to the
> snd-hda-intel options. Do you know where I can find them online?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dave...

You could ask on the alsa development list.  There is very active
development of the driver for the intel chipsets right now.
Register at http://www.alsa-project.org.  The list you want is
alsa-devel at alsa-project.org.  The legitimate place to ask this question
would be on alsa-user at alsa-project.org but I notice there isn't anyone
knowledgeable consistently monitoring that list, so your response will
be hit or miss.  The developers monitor the alsa-devel list but they
don't always answer.

The archives for both alsa lists are on gmane and you can search them.

http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.devel
http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.user

HTH