updated kernel panics with dhcp

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Jul 22 19:05:37 UTC 2007

Joe Smith wrote:
> Yep, me too.
>
> I finally rebooted just to see if I had any problems from the update,
> and sure enough, my system panics when eth0 is started, after printing
> "Determining IP information for eth0...".
>
> If I boot with the modem powered off, it's fine, but as soon as I run
> "service network start" I get a kernel panic.

Did you boot with your modem powered off and then power it on bring up eth0
after that?  Did you also bring up the system with the cable simply
disconnected?  I know you say below you used "different tactics" but it
would be a good idea to tell folks what you've tried and provide a bit more
detail.

--
Stupidity is its own reward.