updated kernel panics with dhcp

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Sun Jul 22 19:21:21 UTC 2007

> Sorry--no useful log messages. The final line on the screen was
> something like "Fatal Exception in interrupt, not syncing".

Not much to go on here, but I've seen apparently severe brain damage
caused by problems with interrupt allocation changes between kernels:
once that was resolved the issues went away.  So I think especially
since there isn't much else to try, I would hit 'A' at the grub boot
menu, and append stuff like

acpi=noirq

and

pci=biosirq

to the kernel commandline.  They won't help if the actual problem is
elsewhere but it's worth a go.  Even

acpi=off

might be worth it just as a test.

-Andy