Fedora 7 freezes two or three times per day

Hansen mht at alfansa.org
Mon Jul 23 01:49:45 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-07-22 at 14:17 -0700, Dawning Sky wrote:
> I'm experiencing this freeze too.  I've disabled irqbalance, put
> "noirqbalance" in the kernel parameters, removed compiz.  But my F7
> system still freezes a few times a day.
>
> It appears related to the desktop environment.  I can leave it there
> for weeks, with server processes running.  But if I sit there and
> using the desktop environment, it then freezes frequently.  Nothing in
> the log files.
>
> I'm running F7 x86_64, with AMD X2 and the latest nVidia driver.  I've
> run memtest for hours without errors.  The kernel version is
> 2.6.21-1.3228.fc7.
>
> DS
I'm experience with this too but at very rare occurrence, but that
usually about X server that push CPU to almost 100% working. The machine
still available trough ssh and I must kill the X server and gdm bring
back again.
I think the freeze usually is about the kernel or X server. Maybe you
can try with nv driver for video and if still freeze you can check your
computer availability from network for searching who's the cause
freezing.

--
Hansen
http://hansen.alfansa.org