I'm looking for a image-/backupsoftware for windows clients

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Mon Jul 23 07:36:51 UTC 2007

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a free software solution which can backup and restore
> complet ntfs/fat32 windows-clients. I'm thinking about a solution, which
>  boots the pc e.g. from cd and than backups/restores the whole system
> to/from an e.g. nfs or samba server.
>
> I remembert, that I've found something like this a couple of weeks ago,
> but cant remember.
>
> Thanks for any hint or tip!

I used BackupPC some years ago and set it up by hand, it was pretty good
but difficult to get set up.

BackupPC.noarch                          2.1.2-7.fc6            fedora
Matched from:
BackupPC
BackupPC - high-performance backup system
BackupPC is a high-performance, enterprise-grade system for backing up Linux
and WinXX PCs and laptops to a server's disk. BackupPC is highly
configurable
and easy to install and maintain.
http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/

It's now part of Fedora though, it should be much simpler

yum install BackupPC

I don't use it any more because I no longer have any Windows machines.

-Andy