switch from Matrox G450 to GeForce 6200/6200TC

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Mon Jul 23 08:56:29 UTC 2007

Tim wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-07-22 at 18:45 +0200, Francois wrote:
>> I got some problem with the kernel.  I do not understand why it wanted
>> to install kernel-2.6.20-1.2962.fc6 as it was already installed. ? I
>> got to rpm -e it, then reinstall.
>
> I had a similar experience.  For some daffy reason, Linux believed it
> should install an i586 instead of i686 NVidia package, and wanted to
> install the i586 kernel to go along with it.  I didn't let it.

Hmmm, this remind me of the imfamous FC6 anaconda bug, where on some
systems the i586 kernel was installed instead of the i686 - This was
mostly a concern to laptop users, since it effected things like power
management, but also when suers started installing things like kernel
modules.

I'm just wondering if this could be the problem here ? See

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bugs/FC6Common

for more details.

Chris