Kernel panic after updating to 2.6.22.1-27.fc7 kernel

Antti J. Huhtala ahuhtal4 at welho.com
Mon Jul 23 13:16:47 UTC 2007

Jim Cornette wrote:

> You might try uninstalling the kernel that fails to boot and then
> re-installing it. On rare occasions I have had kernels install poorly
> but would install correctly on the second install. I believe my problem
> was due to mkinitrd being updated after the kernel in the past. When I
> erased the failed kernel and then installed it again, everything was n
> place for the kernel to install correctly.

Thank you, Jim

I tried that but unfortunately it didn't help. I only removed the kernel
proper (using pirut), not kernel-devel nor kernel-headers packages
(assuming they have little relevance to the problem at hand), and dl'd
the 2.6.22.1-27 kernel again. When installed and rebooted, the problems
persist just like before.
Maybe it's my hardware but it has worked with every kernel since FC4 as
I told earlier. Guess I'll stick to 2.6.21-1.3228.fc7 kernel for now.
> As some stated earlier, if your system has a kernel that does not work
> correctly and you are booted into the previous working kernel, the
> kernel that you are using will stay intact. The busted kernel will be
> replaced with the newer kernel when it is available.

Yes, that should be understood by now. Thanks anyway.
> Jim

Antti