"No volume control GStreamer plugins and/or devices found"

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Mon Jul 23 17:07:30 UTC 2007

On Sunday 22 July 2007 11:25, Dave Cross wrote:

> > > I've just upgraded my FC6 Dell Dimension to F7. Everything seems to be
> > > working except the sound. When I try to open the volume control I get
> > > the error message "No volume control GStreamer plugins and/or devices
> > > found"
> > >
> > > Running system-config-soundcard shows the card is detected correctly
> > > (it's an onboard Intel 82801G - ICH7 Family) but there are no PCM
> > > devices listed.

> > > This was working fine yesterday under FC6.
> > >
> > > Any suggestions?

> Cheers,
>
> Dave...

Hi Dave. I've had a reply from Takashi Iwai on the alsa user list that
confirms that the snd-hda-codec is now integrated into snd-hda-intel, for
alsa 1.0.14 that the kernel version 2.6.22.1-27.fc7 is using.

I don't know if you had to set any options to get snd-hda-intel working
initially on FC6, but would you be so kind as to post the contents of
your /etc/modprobe.conf that is on your current Fedora 7 install.

All the best.

Nigel.