Recommendations for MP3 tools

David Frascone dave at frascone.com
Mon Jul 23 23:05:35 UTC 2007

I have a fairly large MP3 collection that I've ripped over the years.  My
early rips do not have very good ID3 tags (some were ripped as mp3,
converted to ogg, then re-converted to MP3 when MP3 players became
popular).  Also, I'm a bit anal about filesystem / filename.

So, what I'm looking for is some software that will try to *guess* the
track, using filename, directory name, any existing ID3 information, look up
things in cddb (freedb), fully populate the ID3 tags, and, rename/move the
file to the appropriate Artist/Album/Track.  I know these have to exist, but
with the slew of rippers, etc out there, I've been unlucky with my searches
(The gem I'm looking for seems to be lost in the noise)

And, one other question:  I'd like to use amarok to manage my mp3 player(s)
tracks.  But -- what I'm wondering is:  Can it handle multiple MP3 players?
Or is it more designed for *one* user mp3 player?

Thanks in advance,

-Dave

--
David Frascone