mounting root filesystem issue ?

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Tue Jul 24 20:55:44 UTC 2007

Graham Turner wrote:
> Andy, thanks for mail back
>
> i think i had but anyways re-run of "fsck -f /dev/hda2" gives no error
> indication as completes checks
>
> duly noted on labels etc and  i will change back
>
> any other views ?
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy Green" <andy at warmcat.com>

	I was having a problem with no swap partitions being found. I looked at
my fstab and both swap partitions had huge long labels. That was the
problem. I changed everything on fstab from lables to actual locations
like /dev/sdb2 and it's all working fine now. Both swap partitions are
found.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User