Yumdownloader Problem

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Tue Jul 24 22:23:53 UTC 2007

Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> On 7/24/07, Robert L Cochran wrote:
>> [rlc at bobcp4 ~]$ yumdownloader --source  kernel-2.6.22.1-27.fc7
>> --enablerepo=fedora-source
>

> There is no official repository called "fedora-source"
>
> Try for example,
> yumdownloader --source  kernel --enablerepo=development-source
>
> the names of other repositories are listed in the files of
> /etc/yum.repos.d
>
> chitlesh
Hi, thanks for your help. I think it was really a permissions problem, I
had to run yumdownloader as root. This worked:

su -c 'yumdownloader --source  kernel-2.6.22.1-27.fc7
--enablerepo=fedora-source' and it found the fedora-source repo which is
listed in file /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora.repo. Then it downloaded the
kernel source for me. I get the feeling that development-source is for
beta versions.

Thanks

Bob