F7 nvidia-96xx driver problem

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Tue Jul 24 23:06:17 UTC 2007

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 15:54:57 -0700
Lonni J Friedman <netllama at gmail.com> wrote:

> What exactly would you be correcting?

I'll keep this simple by using an example.

You follow this mailing list.  When someone has a problem with Nvidia, you
answer their question.  Your answer may or may not work.  If you provide a
reference to another venue, it's "Nvidia News", and that's it.

When someone has a problem with a video card that is using open-source drivers,
many people answer their questions, sometimes including me.  Their answers may
or may not work.  When we provide a reference to another venue it may be
anything from X to a vendor's website to an old paper written 10 years ago by a
college student.

Many sources > 1 source in any math book I have read, and that is exactly what
I said if you look at my first reply in this thread.

> Please educate us all on your background using NVIDIA products.

You really want to know?  I had one once, 6 or7 years ago or so. I decided that
hassling around with that proprietary driver was nothing but a pain in the ass
and never bought another one since.

> Or are you just speaking on a topic  of which you have no first hand knowledge?

First hand knowledge from a few years back, plus attempting to assist people
with getting their computers to work during subsequent years.

Again, you did ask.