question about: Desktop Effects and no border

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Wed Jul 25 02:15:34 UTC 2007

On 24Jul2007 20:49, George Yanos <george at yanos.com> wrote:
| As long as it's come up, anybody know a way to get just a window (or
| two) with no border and no top bar?  I'd really like dali clock to run
| that way.
|
| Every time I try the new desktops or the new ati dirver something
| breaks, and the effects don't seem to add much to the desktop except a
| little glitz, for which I'm too old.

This is window manager dependent. I run _all_ my windows without borders
or title bars. I'm using FVWM, but it may be possible with other things.
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

A system which permits one judge to block with the stroke of a pen what
4,736,180 state residents voted to enact as law tests the integrity of our
constitutional democracy.       - Judge Diarmuid O'Scannlain, upholding Prop209