vmware-server on FC5 RPM to create /usr/src/linux/include

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Wed Jul 25 11:07:08 UTC 2007

Hi folks

I'm trying to configure vmware-server after installing the RPMs.

vmware-config.pl is looking for C header files and want to know where the
directory of the kernel C header files are. It suggests

/usr/src/linux/include

which doesn't exist. I've installed kernel-devel which has created the
directory /usr/src/kernels/2.6.20-1.2320.fc5-i686/include/

but when I enter this, it still doesn't like it.

Does anybody know else I need to install?

--
Gary Stainburn