Print problems FC7

david walcroft d_j_w46 at bigpond.net.au
Thu Jul 26 00:10:58 UTC 2007

Since updates yesterday including the latest kernel my printer is off
line,I have tried the following without success

[david at reddwarf ~]$ sudo /usr/share/hplip/setup

HP Linux Imaging and Printing System (ver. 1.7.4a)
Printer/Fax Setup Utility ver. 4.5

Copyright (c) 2001-7 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, LP
This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
This is free software, and you are welcome to distribute it
under certain conditions. See COPYING file for more details.

error: hplip-gui not installed.  GUI not available. Exiting.
error: PyQt init failed. Reverting to interactive mode.
error: No devices found.
error: Error occured during interactive mode. Exiting.

[david at reddwarf ~]$ /usr/share/hplip/probe

HP Linux Imaging and Printing System (ver. 1.7.4a)
Printer Discovery Utility ver. 3.2

Copyright (c) 2001-7 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, LP
This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
This is free software, and you are welcome to distribute it
under certain conditions. See COPYING file for more details.

warning: No devices found on the 'usb' bus. If this isn't the result you
are expecting,
warning: check to make sure your devices are properly connected and
powered on.

Restarting "service hplip restart" worked but 'print screen' gives me
nothing.

 What do I need to do now please

 Thanks   david