fc7 install hangs at a grey screen with X

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jul 26 04:04:59 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-26 at 03:13 +0000, Andrew Webb wrote:
> I cant get very far in fc7 install, my install hangs with a grey
> screen and an X. I dont know what the problem is, but thats why i'm
> using fc6.... its the only linux which would finish the install.

A simple work around might be to do a text install, and deal with
graphics later on.  Alternatively, you might be able to specify using
the generic vesa video driver, for a simple graphics install.

Do you have enough RAM for a graphics install?  See the install notes.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.