Mad random cron miss-fire

Yang Xiao yxiao2004 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 13:05:16 UTC 2007

Hi all,
On a heavily loaded FC3 with vixie-cron-4.1-36.FC3 installed, we have
approx. 60 jobs that are scheduled to run from 4 different user's crontabs
at 11:15 everyday, and we would get random miss-fires from jobs, and no
error in the cron.log whatsoever, can anybody give any pointers as to where
to look? I'm sure I'd get at least something in the cron log if it's a
dependency or permission or pam issue, but that's what's really puzzling, I
don't get anything in the cron logs for the skipped jobs.

Thanks in advance.

- Yang