FC7 yum upgrade

Catalin Bucur cata at geniusnet.ro
Thu Jul 26 16:12:47 UTC 2007

stan wrote:
>> title Fedora (2.6.21-1.3194.fc7)
>> 	root (hd0,1)
>> 	kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.21-1.3194.fc7 ro root=LABEL=Cata
>> 	initrd /boot/initrd-2.6.21-1.3194.fc7.img
>>
> The only difference I see between my F7 setup which works fine and yours
> is that I don't have the /boot in front of the kernel and initrd.  I
> have a separate /boot partition, though.

Yes, it's because of your /boot partition.
Could you help me some other way please?

# mkdir /tmp/initrd
# cd /tmp/initrd
# gunzip -c /boot/initrd-2.6.[...].fc7.img | cpio -idmv
# cat init

Can you post the result from the last command here? I want to see what
modules are loading from your initrd file. And tell me if you have only
ide drives.

Thank you,
Catalin Bucur      mailto:cata at geniusnet.ro
NOC @ Genius Network SRL - Galati - Romania