Kernel 2.6.22.1-27.fc7 breaks NFS

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Jul 26 21:06:05 UTC 2007

Miner, Jonathan W (CSC) (US SSA) wrote:

> [...]
If you don't need automount don't run it. If you do, please post your
config file. I have seen similar when a lower directory is mounted, or
in the automount config, like mounting superfly:/superfly/vol02/home as
an example.

Some portion of problems with new kernels result from added error
checking in the new kernel telling you that you have been doing it wrong
and getting away with it. I'm not saying that happened here, but this
sounds a lot as if automount has some part of that mount in config, or
being used, or otherwise referenced.

You might try running automount, check that the mount fails, then run
lsof and see if automount is using something related.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>