libexif-0.6.12-5 not working on FC5/i386

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jul 27 08:19:26 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-26 at 21:44 -0600, Rennie deGraaf wrote:
> I recently updated to the latest version of libexif and libexif-devel
> (version 0.6.12-5) for Fedora Core 5 i386 using 'yum update', and now
> applications that use libexif don't recognize the EXIF tags on my
> pictures.  I have tested eog and gthumb; while both still display
> images correctly, neither recognizes EXIF tags.

I can confirm that with my old FC5 box, as well (the libexif, at least,
I don't have the -devel package installed).  I don't know when I last
tried to read exif data on it, so I can't say when it stopped working.

As the other poster said, FC5 is past the end of its life.  You won't
get any new updates for it from the Fedora repos.  You might have to
compile your own updates, or update to a later release of Fedora.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.