Kernel 2.6.22.1-33.fc7 and time problem

Andre ten Bohmer andre.tenbohmer at wur.nl
Fri Jul 27 09:41:08 UTC 2007

Hi,

After updating the kernel this morning, I ran in this odd situation:
- Clock in gnome does not update (stays the same) and is running 2 hours
ahead
- date in console show correct time (as does hwclock --debug), file
stamps are ok but log entries in /var/log/messages also are marked with
incorrect time and each entry has the same time

The 2 hours ahead could be explained because our local time is Amsterdam
and summer time, but the system clock is configured local time and not
UTC!

Falling back to kernel 2.6.22.1-27.fc7 shows normal operation.

Cheers,
André