Kernel panic after updating to 2.6.22.1-27.fc7 kernel [SOLVED]

Antti J. Huhtala ahuhtal4 at welho.com
Fri Jul 27 14:36:45 UTC 2007

to, 2007-07-26 kello 11:06 +0300, Antti J. Huhtala kirjoitti:

> All right, I'll do that. Because there are 270 .rpmnew files and I don't
> know how many .rpmsave files, I have no idea how long it will take to
> check them all. There are other duties to attend to, as well. Thanks for
> the explanation, anyway. I hope to be able to report progress ASAP.

Lo and behold! After updating to 2.6.22.1-33.fc7 kernel today I'm now
able to boot the new kernel without difficulty. My 500 M USB memory
stick is also automatically mounted when plugged in. Good thing, too!
What remains to be seen is how to get my two NTFS partitions mounted at
boot. It was broken a couple of days ago...

Thanks to all who participated in pondering the kernel panic problem.

Antti