F7 Kernel 2.6.22.1-33.fc7 USB stick

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Fri Jul 27 14:56:44 UTC 2007

> and that didn't work with a scanner as user (only as root): once
> again, I assume that the tester should at least have a scanner and an
> USB stick and check them before issuing.
> Otherwise three jumps ahead and two jumps back!!! and you don't know
> what is going to be broken: updating means updating, not improving
> some parts and killing others :-(

For what its worth, its not as simple as you are making out.

For me, the latest kernel actually fixed USB mounting - I now get it
automatically whereas before I didn't. I use KDE, maybe thats important ?

Also what makes you think anyone owes it to you to test *your* hardware
for you before releasing updates - Fedora isn't RHEL you know, no
support guarantees etc. I suggest you take a look at the testing mailing
list / repos to see how hard the testers do work. Still bugs will still
get through in a bleeding edge distro like Fedora. Either make an effort
and do the testing yourself and provide feedback, or use a more stable
distro, like a RHEL derived work (centos... etc.)

Chris