Aaron Konstam wrote: > On Thu, 2007-07-26 at 17:44 -0700, Les wrote: >> Oh, one other thing. If you use the laptop plugged in all the >> time, the charger are not designed to do that. Eventually the batteries >> will overcharge and possibly short. Check your laptop at the manufacturers >> list also to ensure you do not have a recalled battery pack. There >> have been some problems with some batteries. > As far as I know that is wrong. Most labtops are designed to be able to > be run plugged in without problem. Especially if they have Hydride > batteries. Of course , what the manufacturer says should rule. > With my Toshiba A105-S4004, they tell you not to leave it plugged in after the battery is charged if you are not using it. But I am not sure how much that has to do with heat, and how much it has to do with battery life. I have a neighbor that used her laptop more as a desktop, and left it plugged in all the time. Her battery life dropped to nothing in about 2 years. (10 minutes from full charge to dead.) Mikkel -- Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!
Description: OpenPGP digital signature