AP: Hungary Officials Raid Microsoft Office

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 27 17:20:46 UTC 2007

Andy Green wrote:

> Unfortunate that he brought the subject of the 'signal-to-noise' ratio
> up, then.

What happens in the computer world generally is of interest to users
of Fedora, I would suppose.

> Running Fedora is a political choice that has ramifications.  Microsoft

Bah. I run Fedora for my own reasons, none of which is political.
Any choice has consequences, both positive and negative.

> - specifically - hate the fact you choose to run Free software and want
> to take control of that possibility.  If Microsoft succeed in their

"Microsoft" is not an entity. It is a corporation, made up of people.
I am sure that most/all of the employees of Microsoft neither know nor
care what OS I have on my machine.

> plans, you won't be able to run Fedora legally any more.  For that

Nah.

> reason I will occasionally post about events concerning Microsoft that I
> consider important whether you like it or not.

It's unfortunate that so many of these exchanges degenerate into
this sort of fencing.

[snip]

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.