AP: Hungary Officials Raid Microsoft Office

Les hlhowell at pacbell.net
Fri Jul 27 18:10:46 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-27 at 12:54 -0400, Todd Zullinger wrote:
> Andy Green wrote:
> > Somebody in the thread at some point said:
> >
> >> Am I the only one who thinks that posts like this only lower the
> >> signal-to-noise ratio here?
> >>
> >> Seriously, we have quite enough traffic on this list as it is, and
> >> this has nothing really to do with Fedora. At all. If I wanted to
> >> discuss what Microsoft is up to in Hungary, I'd go waste my time on
> >> Slashdot.
> >
> > I'm sorry, that was 'signal', was it?  Because that was 25% of your
> > posting here for the week.
> >
> > The other 65 posts I made here this week were actually trying to
> > solve other peoples' problems.
>
> It's quite irrelevant how on-topic or helpful your other posts were
> or how many posts Alan has made.  Posting news from Hungary about
> Microsoft is not on topic here (and no, add [OT] won't make it alright
> to post it).
>
> > Since Microsoft are trying to own Linux through patent threats, an
> > involved person takes note of goings-on with their enemy.
>
> Fine, then please post this to a list for "involved persons" (as I'm
> sure many of those subscribed here are not such persons).  This
> list is for Fedora users to get help running or installing Fedora.
> See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate for the description.

All this bickering is not helping either.  No one appointed list cops
that I know of.  I thought the one post was valuable and useful to
monitor what is happening to our marketplace.  These other posts are
just noise. Those of you complaining are adding to the noise, not being
helpful.  Just read it and let it go, or contact someone in your
political spectrum and let them know.  Whatever floats your boat.

Thanks, Andy.

Regards,
Les H