Fc7: kernel-2.6.22-x86-64 + nvidia-any + quake4 = reboot

Jorge Boscan joretur at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 19:00:38 UTC 2007

Hi

I own a presario v6000 (dv6139eu exactly) with many issues that i been
solving since fc6
but with this one, I`m clueless.

I installed and played quake4 (it is a great game!!), but when I
updated the kernel to 2.6.22
to fix some issues like random crashes, freeze, the graphics turned
ugly so I went back to 96xx legacy nvidia driver version and continued
playing till I finished the hole game (several sessions) but today
with the same driver, the same kernel, the same game, it just reboots,
with googleearth does the same and with mplayer did the same once, I'm
not using beryl or compiz, xorg.conf is well configured

btw: dont buy compaq-hp laptops to run linux

--
[Jorge J. Boscán Etura]
quando omni flunkus moritatus