Problem creating root password MySQL in FC6

Barry Yu barryyu-cts at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 28 16:26:55 UTC 2007

As I said, this is the first time I started MySQL and never had any
password under any user name, I was trying to create a password for user
root after initial installation of MySQL as the book said, unless this
is out of date and no required any more? Or I have to do something in
addition (That book didn't mentioned it)
Barry