computer name on a LAN

Michael Klinosky mpk2 at enter.net
Sun Jul 29 14:56:59 UTC 2007

Andy:
> It seems rsync will be a lot easier to learn and use than rcp... you

I didn't meant to imply that I'm going to use rcp as a substitute for
rsync (which I got from your response). It's just that I wanted to learn
something simple before I dive into rsync.

Also, I'll probably need rcp at some point (could've used it several
times already).

> AFAIK rcp bulk transfer is not encrypted, whereas with rsync-over-ssh it
> will be.

Actually, I'm not concerned about encryption - it's on my LAN. I intend
to use the standard method with rsync.