Adept and apt-rpm

Kelly lightsolphoenix at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 04:45:43 UTC 2007

On Monday, July 30, 2007 12:33 am Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> There is already apt-rpm, which allows you to install, remove, and
> upgrade rpm packages using apt-get.  That's why I don't think it should
> be That Hard TM to get Adept to do the same.
>
> Matt Flaschen

apt is just the command-line tool.  Unless there is a library (I don't
remember if there is for yum or not), you have to know how to parse the
tool's repository format (yum's is rather easy, 'cause it's standardized as
part of LSB IIRC)...

Unless, of course, you fork the installer process, which I guess you could do,
though the problem is you will likely lose the really detailed error
messages.