VPN (racoon) problem if client is behind NAT router

Anderson Oliveira da Silva anderson at inf.puc-rio.br
Mon Jul 30 19:23:25 UTC 2007

Hi Eric,

The scenario is: racoon is running in the server
and is not behind a NAT router, but the client is
behind a NAT router (Dlink 624 router). Dlink 624
is IPSEC forwarding capable and this option is
enabled. If we remove Dlink router from our
scenario and plug the client to a direct link to
the Internet (using the IP address used by the
Dlink router), everything works fine.

I found some information concerning to disable
"rp_filter". I did it to all interfaces, but vpn
still doesn´t work if the client is behind a NAT router.

Thanks,
Anderson.