F7 Kernel 2.6.22.1-33.fc7 USB stick

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Tue Jul 31 15:46:42 UTC 2007

Chris Jones wrote:

> Also what makes you think anyone owes it to you to test *your* hardware
> for you before releasing updates - Fedora isn't RHEL you know, no
> support guarantees etc.

I don't agree.

If a developer makes a change which prevents the software working
with some hardware it previously worked with,
I think the onus is on the developer to warn the user of this.

If the developer doesn't realize that his modification
will have this effect, he has made a mistake.

I very much doubt if anyone realized that going from 2.6.22.1-28
to 2.6.22.1-33 could have any adverse effect.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366