Sort files by filename

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Tue Jul 31 18:35:27 UTC 2007

Kam Leo wrote:

>>> Good luck.
>> I think this would probably work except I really need to know which ones
>> are out of sequence as is, changing the filename would eliminate that
>> capability and the missing files are the ones I need.  See, I'm
>> receiving the files from a separate server and they are sent to me in
>> this format.  I need to know which ones I /don't/ receive so I know
>> which ones I need to have resent.  Make sense?
>>

> Is there a reason why rsync cannot be used for this?
>
>> Mark Haney
>> Sr. Systems Administrator
>> ERC Broadband
>> (828) 350-2415

Unfortunately, yes, due to the method that I receive the files, ie from
another application that has it's own mechanism to feed the files to
client machines.  I really wish this wasn't the case, but I have to live
with what I got.

--
Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem!

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support