F7 Kernel 2.6.22.1-33.fc7 USB stick

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Tue Jul 31 20:14:04 UTC 2007

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

>> If a developer makes a change which prevents the software working
>> with some hardware it previously worked with,
>> I think the onus is on the developer to warn the user of this.
>>
> You would have a valid point if you were running RHEL or one of the
> clones like centos. By definition, some changes in Fedora are going
> to break things for some people.

As far as I can judge from my reading of newsgroups and mailing lists,
CentOS is neither more nor less reliable than Fedora.

Very few software errors arise because some developer
is trying something daring.
99% of problems occur simply because someone makes a silly blunder,
and that is just as likely to happen anywhere.

I find this "Fedora is bleeding edge" excuse rather absurd.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366