Network manager - does no one care?

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 31 21:53:38 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-31 at 22:10 +0100, William Murray wrote:
> Hi all,
>        I was surprised to see the lack of reaction to NetworkManager's
> death in F7 2.6.22.1-33
>    This affects my desktop and my laptop, both with wired dhcp
> connections. I see the following error:
>
> Jul 31 20:24:09 BillMurray NetworkManager: <info>  Error getting
> killswitch power: org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.KillSwitch.NotSupported -
> Access type not supported
>
>   Moving to  2.6.22.1-27 fixes it. So does using a fixed IP and neat, no
> networkmanager. So why is no one else screaming?
>                    Bill

I would care but NM works for me when I boot with the 2.6.22.1-33
kernel. The killswitch error is not really an error, just an indication
that the killswitch was not found as it is not on my laptop.

This has been talked to death on the networkmanager-list. So it must be
a different error that is causing your connection to fail.

I would bet you get the same error when you use the 2.6.22.1-27 kernel.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net