I love IP Tables....

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jun 1 01:33:36 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-31 at 13:36 -0400, William Case wrote:
> shouldn't a computer be a device that helps people with a reduced
> metal capacity overcome the trials and frustrations of life not
> increase those difficulties.

The trouble is that assistive devices need to be designed by people
who've got the experience about what's really needed.  What I'd seen in
special schools was very limited (in the way that fill the blanks in a
form rarely have the blanks that you need), and tend to be overly
complicated.

For example, have you seen Steven Hawkings chair, with paraphanalia
dangling off it in all directions?  It turns the chair into a
Frankenstein creation.  And you can bet your bottom dollar that each
device needs its own separate power supply.  We're a long way from
unintrusive, intuitive, good, assistive computing designing.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.