F7 torrent advice please

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Fri Jun 1 14:22:05 UTC 2007

Gene Heskett wrote:
> Greetings;
>
> When I awoke this morning I expected to see FG7 ready to burn, but whatever
> filtering vz is doing was quite successfull and had managed to stop azureas
> in its tracks with about half a gig to go.
>
> So I shut it down and loaded up ktorrent.  I set it up with the same 2 files
> as I am also sharing the kubuntu-6.06-x86-dvd.iso because its used as the
> basis for emc2, the cnc machine control program.
>
> ktorrent has managed to get things going again, but when I added the Kubuntu
> iso for upload, it appears to be hogging the upload bandwidth, which in turn
> has slowed the download average to about 60kbyte a second.
>
> So, in Ktorrent, can the upload bandwidth be throttled on the individual file
> somehow, so that there is enough bandwidth to properly handle the downloading
> of the other file, or do I have to disable that share until the other is
> finished?
>
> I've not succeeded in finding such an option in its menus as yet.

Is ktorrent a must?  I've always found it to be not as useful as the CLI
version of bittorrent.  That way I can just add --max_upload_rate  to
the torrent I'm downloading or seeding and be happy.

--
Da mihi sis bubulae frustrum assae, solana tuberosa in modo gallico
fricta, ac quassum lactatum coagulatum crassum

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support