F7: X vesa at 1680x1050 no go?

Patrick fedora-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 1 18:28:26 UTC 2007

Hi,

I just installed F7 which went great. When I booted the DVD I added to
the kernel command line "resolution=1680x1050" which as far as I could
tell was honored. Once F7 was installed and the laptop rebooted X does
not want to display at 1680x1050 with the vesa driver (which I need
cause this laptop has an ATI X1300). The system-config-display app
doesn't show 1680x1050. I also tried to add Modes "1680x1050" to the
Screen section in xorg.conf but that does not make a difference either.

Is there any way that I can force X to use 1680x01050?

Thanks for any pointers.

Regards,
Patrick

ps: ajax/Adam Jackson if you read this: with your much appreciated
tweaks to the X server I can now do a graphical install on my laptop.
Where the screen was previously directed to the wrong port it now shows
the F7 welcome screen in all its glory. Thanks!