Cd Images

stan stanl at cox.net
Fri Jun 1 19:38:14 UTC 2007

On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 12:37:23 -0400
Mike - EMAIL IGNORED <m_d_berger_1900 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 10:44:45 -0400, Mark Haney wrote:
>
> > Troy Bull wrote:
> >> Are there cd images for fedora 7 anywhere?  I can't seem to find
> >> them.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Troy
> >>

> > Yep.  Had the same question.  You need the LIVE version of your
> > architecture.  The CD can then either get the rest of the packages
> > online or, download the DVD version and do a disk based install.
> >

> [...]
>
> But for boxes that cannot read DVD and are not online,
> are there CDs with the rest?
>
> Mike.
>

>From an earlier email.  This might help.

Browder, Tom wrote:

    Given the problems with my four attempted F 7 installations so far
    (three systems: only one successful [on the second attempt]), and
    assuming fixes and new rpms, I probably will want to do my own
respin of an installation DVD which is supposed to be one of the
highlights of F 7.

    Question:  Where is the documentation for that?

There are different tools for this.

Live cd tools - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraLiveCD/LiveCDHowTo

Pungi (for regular images) -
https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/pungi/wiki/PungiDocs

Revisor (Graphical utility that wraps around live cd tools and Pungi) -
http://revisor.fedoraunity.org/

Rahul