Fedora 7 and bcm43xx_mac802112

David G. Miller dave at davenjudy.org
Sat Jun 2 02:59:00 UTC 2007

"John Pierce" <john.j35 at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is the closest I have ever gotten with the bcm43xx driver on this
> laptop.  OpenSuSE 10.2 will not even see the hardware.
>
> I am using the latest firmware which I extracted with bcm43xx-fwcutter
> and have it placed in /lib/firmware.
>
> If anyone has any ideas, thoughts, suggestions I would appreciate them.
Under FC6 I was able to get my laptop (HP zv6015us with a Broadcom 4306
wireless NIC) to work with the bcm43xx driver only if I disabled
authentication on my AP.  You might give this a *brief* try.  That is,
set your AP as open and see if you can connect.  If you can connect and
you're sure that you have the authentication set up correctly on your
laptop then it sounds like bcm43xx still doesn't like to authenticate.
If you still can't connect, there's always ndiswrapper.  I'm currently
running the 1.45 version of ndiswrapper with a 2.6.21.3 kernel under
CentOS 5 and the connection is very stable.  Also, I'm currently running
WPA-PSK authentication.

Cheers,
Dave

-- Ambrose Bierce